Sub Menu Selection
Welcome to the 2013 Samsung Galaxy S3 review. At the time of writing the Galaxy SIII I9300 series has been on sale for nearly 6 months and arguably the best Android based phone you can buy. Lots have been said and there are plenty of in-depth reviews that you can read. We’ve read them checked out the benchmarks and agree so have nothing to add to the world.
So Like the iPhone we can only point out the reasons why you shouldn’y buy the Galaxy S3!
– Requires Gmail address with all your personal data so you need a separate email for your phone if you want to maintain any privacy.
– The Apps are not vetted as thoroughly as Apple’s so you can be a victim.
– Build quality while good could be much better. As plastic does its quite good to look at.
– Standard Samsung enhancements are not attractive to look at.
– A bit more difficult to setup and use due to the number of customisation options.
– Google Play needs more work.
– The screen colours are too saturated.
– Still not as smooth as other OS.
Overall the Galaxy S3 does have less issues if not using the advanced functions than the iPhone and that’s probably why its the better choice for most people. Like the iPhone there is more great features than the problems! One of the most important features in being about to see Flash content! Just remember that the Galaxy S3 is one of the best mobile phones are the moment for a variety of reasons and would be our choice if it hadn’t been for the new Windows 8 phones just released!
- Samsung Galaxy S3
Quad-band GSM 850/900/1800/1900
Tri-band 3G 850/900/2100
Tri-band 4G 899/1800/2600
- L136.6 x W70.6 x D8.6 mm
- Weight 131 grams
4.8 inch 1,280 x 720 AMOLED
2nd forward facing video call camera 2MP
- Video Camera
1080p high definition 30FPS main video camera
Quad core 1.4 Ghz
- Separate Graphic CPU
16 Gig for user
Up to 64Gig micro-SD expansion
Music and Media player
Ring tones: MIDI, MP3, Video, vibration and others
Google Play store
Free Google Navigator (requires data plan)
MS-Word, Excel and Powerpoint, PDF, ZIP compatible
SMS, MMS, IM, Email
Speaker Phone/Hands free
Li-Po 2100 mAh battery
Up to 600 hours Standby
Up to 11 hours Talk Time
- Price history
Approx $650 AUD late 2013 (Outright)
Approx $750 AUD late 2012 (Outright)